By: Matt Nicholson and Megan Lambert
The holiday season is a time filled with family gatherings, Christmas tree decorating, and gift buying, and consequently it is easy to let your workout time disappear from your weekly schedule. However, just a few minutes of exercise each day can go a long way to helping you achieve your goals of getting in shape, losing a few pounds, and reducing stress. So, here are seven time management tips to help you prioritize your daily workouts as well as a simple and short workout that you can do at home or in the office.
Time management tips:
- Prioritize your daily activities in a to-do list.
- Determine your most productive hours of the day and plan to get the most done during this time, in order to free up other hours during the day.
- Set mini goals throughout the day to accomplish specific tasks by a certain time of day.
- Set an alarm to accomplish a certain task in an amount of time.
- Minimize distractions by silencing your cell phone when working an important task and only check your email at certain times throughout the day (for example, once an hour).
- Get a good night of sleep so that you are rested and recovered from previous work days and workout sessions.
- Prepare meals over the weekend and freeze them for the following week.
Simple 10 minute office workout:
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds and with a 10 second rest between exercises. Complete 1- 2 rounds.
- Split squats
- Chair dips
- Wall angels